*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422067-Adjusting--Action-Steps
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#422067 added April 27, 2006 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Adjusting Action Steps
19 Jalal 163 B.E. – April 26-27 2006 A.D.

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the
goals, adjust the action steps. – Confucius, 551-479 B.C., Chinese Ethical Teacher and Philosopher


I subscribe to newsletters that send inspirational and motivational quotes everyday because one of the newsletters always has quote that applies to me. There are different quotes in each newsletter, while all the quotes do not apply to me or my situation all the time, at least, one of the quotes does. I have set my goal to write a maximum of 8,000 words a day, lately it’s difficult and sometimes impossible. However, this morning one of the quotes in Daily Motivational Quotes answered the questions I have ask myself lately.

I have wondered whether to change the word count goal to something lower. However, after reading the quote by Confucius, I have decided to look at the steps I am taking to reach that goal. So in the coming month (Jamal) I am going to try different methods of adjusting the action steps to reach the goal. I suspect I am wasting time somewhere or something like that. Therefore, I am going to take note of what I do to waste time. I already know a couple of things I do, but there are other waste time actions as well. I hope I am making sense here.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422067-Adjusting--Action-Steps