*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420481-Men-or-Just-Mark
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#420481 added April 19, 2006 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
Men or Just Mark??
Last night I get home from work around 9:45 p.m. and notice Mark parked his vehicle in the street, which is very out of the ordinary...unless he is planning to go out after the time I get home.

I walked in and noticed he was in the back room. So, I put my stuff down and walked back to say HELLO. I asked him what he was doing and he replied that he was watching TV and playing a game on his computer. Oh what a wild man! *Smile* Then I asked him if he was planning to go out.

Hold on, before I go any further let me give you a brief description/history of our relationship. When our friendship started it was hard to get us off the phone...every day for multiple hours. Talking about anything and everything, not to mention we worked together and always hung out together. Okay, the talking has slowed some since we live together and IM all day, but you get the basic picture. Although every now and then he gets in these funks where everything is a secret/private. Back to the story...

His reply was, "why?" I told him I was just curious and again he asked why. I restated I was just curious if he was going out...in a nice tone, no attitude...really! He replied he might, but was waiting on a call. I replied asking from who? Not being nosey, just part of our typical conversations. Before I say a word he usually gives me all the details...now I'm pulling teeth!? He says, "from someone." I sat there a second and said, "um, okay" and went to bed.

I was talking to my co-worker this morning about it asking her if that is normal guy behavior or just Mark behavior. She pointed out that maybe the fact that we'll be moving out and I'm acting on it (unlike him) is making him want to create distance between us. This is a possibility; however, when he's acted like that before it will last for a day to a week, then he acts like I'm the best thing around and he can't get enough of my attention.

I was also thinking it could be his little secret life part of him and maybe he was going to meet the mystery person.

All I know is I no longer care about his secret's and was very relieved at the thought I have just over 200 days (approximately...if things go as planned) until I live on my own.

However, if this is a typical guys behavior, I may choose to live on my own for a VERY LONG TIME!!!! *Confused*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420481-Men-or-Just-Mark