*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417450-Apartment-Search
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#417450 added April 5, 2006 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
Apartment Search
With the potential move date approaching, I am slowly starting to check out my options. Although there are people telling me I need to buy a house, I am not ready to buy my first home on my own just yet. I want to be able to live on my own in a place that everything is still taken care of while I take my time to figure out where I want to make a permanent type purchase.

I have now checked out 4 apartments with my mom. The first one walking into it I could tell I was not going to like it and after seeing the inside I knew there was no way. The 2nd one I went to I was able to see pictures and floor plans, but they won't have any available for viewing until next month. The 3rd one was the biggest shock of all.

It looked very nice from the outside as we drove in. The lease office was very nice and had a community gym area attached to it...so far so good. We sit down to speak with the woman from the office and get the details. Everything was going good until she told me the monthly rent was going to be $850.00....not was it said online. Then here is the real kicker. She tells me in order to qualify for a 2 bedroom there is a minimum and a MAXIMUM I must make. No less than $21,500.00 and no more than $29,000.00. WHAT?! How can someone making under $30,000 possibly afford $850/month in rent alone???? Needless to say, I did not qualify. I've NEVER been told I make too much. It made absolutely no sense to me at all!!

Instead of just pushing us out the door, she suggested a sister community, which was nearby. So we headed over to it just to take a look. It was near perfect! All new kitchen (appliances, cupboards, counter and floor), nice size living room and bathroom, extra vanity in my room, HUGE closet, decent size bedrooms. Only bad thing is the cost. Although I could afford it, I don't really want to spend that much...defeats my purpose of trying to save more money for a down payment.

Although my mom is very excited to go looking at more places, which I will probably do, at this point I think I am liking option #2. Could change after I actually get to walk inside, but from what I know about it, that could be home! *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417450-Apartment-Search