*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417046-Skirmish-USA
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#417046 added April 3, 2006 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Skirmish USA
I went paintballing this weekend in the Poconos...well technically Jim Thorpe, PA and it was a LOT of fun. This was my first time ever going and I must say that it's a good way to take your mind off of things and to relieve any stress you may be feeling. We only had a group of seven and we were paired with another group of nine to play against and they were great. I felt like GI Jane and I loved every minute.

I have a HUGE strawberry bruise on my right thigh, despite having on three pairs of pants (though not that thick) because those paint balls come at you fast and hard. It rained a bit so it was muddy and you basically have to get down and dirty. I was crawling on the ground and hiding behind trees...I basically thought I was in the army...

Obviously I'm not in the army, but it did get me to thinking about the real conditions they have to face in Iraq everyday. Just being out in the paintball "conditions" had me emphathizing as much as I can with our soldiers out there. I can not even imagine the types of situations they find themselves in and the seriousness of it all. Its so easy to sit over here and complain about the war (which I do) and how unnecessary it is (which I believe) but depsite that, serious warfare is going on and the conditions are real and dangerous. I pray that our soldiers get back home as soon as they can and I wish that the paintball was as tough as it got...unfortunately that is far from reality...

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417046-Skirmish-USA