*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415635-My-Friend-Rose
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#415635 added March 27, 2006 at 3:57pm
Restrictions: None
My Friend Rose
Last Thursday morning my friend Rose (40 years old) passed away after her fight with cancer. 3 Years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She fought it and put it to rest for a while. 4 weeks ago it came back with a vengance...lungs, kidney's and starting in the bones.

During her initial fight she made a plea with God that he give her just a little more time to make sure her daughter (11 years old) knew God and would be taken care of when she left. So for the past few years she has been a very faithful member at church and very involved with the different groups they have.

When she got the news 4 weeks ago, of course she was sad that it was her time, but she was at peace with it. She planned her entire funeral down to the last detail of matching nail polish and lipstick for her to wear. She created a video show and wrote a letter to all her friends and family to be read at her memorial service.

Between family, friends and aquaintences she had roughly 400 hundred people attend her service today. It has to be the saddest funeral I have ever went to. I was doing good holding my composure...until the letter was read, especially when she was talking directly to her daughter. Listening to how happy and at peace she was up until the last moment here on earth has made me start thinking. I think it is time for me to return to church. Now I just have to figure out what church I want to become a member at.

I was raised Catholic; however, I am not sure I fully believe in all the old school beliefs, but then again, maybe it is just the church I attended. I am looking at the possiblity of a nondenomiational church they've built near me, with a young parish. Guess only time will tell!! *Smile*




© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415635-My-Friend-Rose