*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414800-Writing-to-your-Younger-Self
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#414800 added March 23, 2006 at 5:41pm
Restrictions: None
Writing to your Younger Self
I read something in O Magazine yesterday that brought tears to my eyes. O gave three prominent people the chance to write a letter to their younger self; what would you say now that you're older? Phylicia Rashad was one of the three and her letter to herself at 21...I felt like she was writing to me. At 25 I understood all that she was telling herself. Letting romantic involvement get in the way of my goals and trying to do both at the same time. She was so eloquent and so to the point every time I read her words I want to cry because I recognize myself, young and wanting to prove that I know so much when I have so much to learn and so much to accomplish...that was the first time I felt compelled to write a letter to O expressing how I was touched. I love that magazine. I'll bring it in tomorrow and post her words, I plan to put them up on my desk anyway as a constant reminder...

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414800-Writing-to-your-Younger-Self