*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412897-Chptr-4-The-Slayer
by Makyra
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1069499
This is about a man who is trying to escape the horrors of his past.
#412897 added April 28, 2006 at 7:56am
Restrictions: None
Chptr 4: The Slayer
The Slayer

He stared in shock at
(the ghost)
Auburn for several seconds. 'Terrified' does not give what he was feeling true justice; it simply wasn't strong enough. It lacked the pain and shock that went with seeing her, the sudden flash of remembrance that ran through his head. And with that remembrance, he suddenly found that the wave of memories did not mean to just wash over him this time; It picked him up and suddenly, he was not entirely there anymore. He was back in his house...

--He was standing over his mother's dead body with the bloody knife still clutched in his hand, grinning. Her eyes still stared up at him in horror. He didn't even have enough control over his body to be able to scream; the demon had completely taken over. It had found him and killed them all... his sister, his father, and his mother.

The demon that was Nathan turned and walked towards the front door. This bloodbath was only just beginning...

For about 2 hours, Nathan could only watch from inside, a passenger inside a runaway body, as the demon went to each of his neighbors house up the street and killed them. He kept screaming in his mind 'someone stop me! Please!' but no one seemed to notice.

Finally, the demon stopped and looked at one house in particular. He had been walking from house to house up the street, dripping with blood, but no one had seen him. There had been at least one person inside of each house, but they hadn't even heard him coming. Mr. Burness had even opened the door for him and said hi before noticing the knife and the blood. And now, it was this house.

'No', thought Nathan. 'If you destroy everyone else in my life that i know, please, leave Auburn alone!'

The demon actually began grinning as it listened to Nathan's unspoken plea. And it walked up to the door with menacing slowness. When it reached the door, it found it was unlocked.

'AUBURN! RUN! PLEASE, HEAR ME!' Nathan screamed. He couldn't let her get hurt!

The demon walked up the stairs and down the hallway to her bedroom door. As he approached it, the door opened to reveal a beautiful girls surprised face. The surprise immediately turned to shock and terror as she saw the blood.

"Nathan! What're you-" The question died on her lips as he raised the knife above his head, still grinning.

Then he stabbed down, burying the knife deep into her neck. The last expression on her face was a beseaching look, asking why he was doing this. Then, the light disappeared.

'NOOO!' Nathan screamed. The demon flinched with the sudden mental blow. Nathan fought for control, the pain going through his mind lending him strength. And, with a final shove, the demon was thrown out of his body and he was himself again.

He collapsed on the floor sobbing hysterically. Blinded by his tears, he reached out with his hands, searching for Auburn's body. He felt her arm sleeve and grabbed hold of it.

Crawling over to her, he lifted her up slightly off the floor and set her in his lap and cradled her.

Then, he heard something, a whisper. He then noticed that it was Auburn! She was trying to say something!

He leaned forward so he could hear her faint whisper. 'Run.' She said. 'Run away.'

The tears spilled out of his eyes once again and he said 'Auburn... I'm so sorry... it wasn't me...' but it was too late. She was dead.

Suddenly, from down the street, he a blood curdling shreak of rage emanating from an inhuman voice. And he knew that now it was his turn.

He ran down the stairs and out the front door. Looking down the street, he couldn't see it yet. But it was coming, he knew. He had managed to wrestle control of himself once with his pain, but he knew he would not be able to do it twice.

Sobbing in terror and agony, he began to run.--
© Copyright 2006 Makyra (UN: makyra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Makyra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412897-Chptr-4-The-Slayer