*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412743-Taking-a-Break
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#412743 added March 13, 2006 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
Taking a Break
This morning I received an email from my friend Sue. She had forwarded a message she received from her friend Carolyn and vented on it.

I read her comments before reading the original, which were calling Carolyn a liar...oh, Carolyn is a friend of Gigi's who is driving Sue to work each morning...and said she knew Gigi was behind it. So I am anticipating this long, hurtful, email.

Not the case at all!! It simply said that her job was taking her on asignment to a new city starting tomorrow morning, which she had just found out this morning when she got to work. The new city would be in the opposite direction of where she goes now so she wouldn't be able to take Sue to work. Then she apologized.

What is wrong with that?? You cannot predict what your boss will choose for you to do, especially if you are in the line of work that moves you around a lot.

So I replied to her honestly and told her I saw nothing wrong with the email and asked her if she would have believed the email had she not been depending on Carolyn for a ride. Then I told her, as nicely as possible, that we cannot control everything AND that not everything has to do with her.

She did not like that at all. She replied and said she could see what I was doing and that she realized it is her problem not Carolyn's and to forget she said anything.

Wow!! I decided I just need to take a break. I am tired of focusing on her each day and trying to be her positive thoughts for each situation, when she is not trying to make changes on her own. So I am officially not going to reply to any emails or phone calls I receive for the next week or two. She needs to get involved with and depend on AA before she can move on.

A week ago I would have thought that was being very mean and felt like I was leaving a friend hanging out on a limb, but I've been reminded all I am doing is being an enabler. Hard lesson to learn, but I'm getting there!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412743-Taking-a-Break