*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412716-No-one-cares-how-I-feel---Lesson-3
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#412716 added March 13, 2006 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
No one cares how I feel - Lesson 3
I don’t know how much time elapsed between me taking the money for Susan and what happened next, but during recess Susan walked with me out into the playground. After a few minutes she said, “Wait here.”

She then went over to a group of other kids and huddled them together. I was far enough away not to hear anything said, but she began pointing in my direction and laughing. The other kids looked in my direction and laughed along with her.

I knew they were making fun of me.

I tried not to cry, I really did, but I couldn’t help it. But then I spotted a teacher monitoring the playground. I walked over to her and said, “My friends are telling secrets about me and making fun of me.”

She stared down at me and said, “And what do you expect me to do about it?”

Stunned at her coldness I stammered, “Make them stop.”

She shook her head and said, “Just ignore them. If they are making fun of you, then they aren’t really your friends.”

The teacher then walked away.

I stood at the edge of the playground and watched that group of kids with my friend in the middle continue to point and laugh at me throughout the rest of recess.

***********************************************

A large part of me really wants to stop now. I can't help but think I've tortured you enough, that readers can take only so much dark incidences before they need a step into the sunlight.

But I will continue, because I promised I would. I will say, though, I only have three more on this subject, the last one being by far more positive.

Thanks for hanging with me.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412716-No-one-cares-how-I-feel---Lesson-3