*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411693-Rehab-is-Over
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#411693 added March 8, 2006 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Rehab is Over
I realize I have probably talked about this one too many times, but I received an email late yesterday afternoon that still has me frustrated so I need to vent. So if you don't like it, stop reading silly!!

My friend Sue had her sentensing for ther 2nd DUI 2 weeks ago. This is after checking herself into a 10 day rehab program, 4 weeks of intense out patient rehab, where she had meetings 3 times a week for 3 hours each time, and purchasing a tether to monitor her alcohol intake 24/7. In addition to her loosing her license for a minimum of 1 year, they decided to put her in a 1/2 way house, which was a step above jail, for 14 days. She was permitted to leave for work, but that was it.

Her last day in the 1/2 way house is tomorrow morning, then she is all on her own. The thought of this stressed her out completely yesterday. To try and help her relax some I took it upon myself to find a bus route for her. She only works 3 miles from home so it wouldn't really be too bad. This is where the email came into play.

I told her it wouldn't be as luxious as she was used to; however, it would be dependable and something she could add to her dialy routine to relieve part of her stress. A page and a half of excuses later she decided she couldn't figure out a bus route into her work routine and she would find a ride from someone or rely on taxi's...mind you, we live in the suburbs, taxi's are not plentiful.

At that point I was fed up. She is making up every excuse not to do something instead of realizing this is her life for the next year and that people will not always be around to drive her. UGH! Why can't she get that through her head?! After having a long talk with my boss, who is 5 year's sober, I no longer have as much sympathy for her...her being Sue that is.

Mark and I decided we are not going to be available when she calls for a ride. Granted if it is an emergency or we happen to be going to the same place that is different, but with the weather getting nicer and multiple shops within walking distance...she's gotta learn. Right?!

Let's just hope I can keep this frame of mind!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411693-Rehab-is-Over