*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410957-To-Blog-or-not-to-Blog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #1067322
Some thoughts on living and working in France and conversations with my sheep!
#410957 added March 5, 2006 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
To Blog or not to Blog!
I have decided to convert my journal into a Blog as I think I am more likely to post short items each day than write longer pieces in journal form. I will just write whatever comes into my mind.

Yesterday we had quite a heavy fall of snow so I was out putting out hay for the ewes and the horses.I had to walk across the fields in a blizzard to bring the sheep over to the feeders. They all looked thoroughly fed up but very pleased to see the hay. Luckily snow is a relatively rare occurence in this region of France. I am really looking forward to Spring as Winter has gone on long enough. Having to feed the sheep and the horses twice a day is getting tedious and the weather has been cold and grey which leaves you feeling depressed. Bring on the sunshine and the spring flowers to lift the spirits.

Today I went to visit a friend who has two of our ewes. When she bought them from us I promised to help her out with lambing and any other problems. The ewes have just had twin lambs each and I went over to put bands on their tails. My friend had told me that they were all females but she was a bit worried about one of them as it seemed to have a lump on it's rear end. I did all the tails and then had a look at the lamb with the lump. Yes you've guessed it was a male. My friend a married lady with grown up children was embarressed to say the least. We all fell about laughing and I shall look forward to telling all our friends. If only all problems were as easy to solve.

© Copyright 2006 esperaza (UN: sheepish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
esperaza has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410957-To-Blog-or-not-to-Blog