*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/409434-Sad-Decision-Made
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#409434 added February 27, 2006 at 8:01am
Restrictions: None
Sad Decision Made
Last week was very rough for Reese. The week prior I had taken him to the vet's to get help for his stuffy nose. They gave me antibotics in syringe's that I was to use for the next 21 days.

I started with the shots, but he was also not wanting to eat much. So, I started giving my baby formula with a syringe...minus the needle! *Smile* Each day he was eating less and I could see him loosing weight. I felt really bad for him, but was stuck with the dilema...how much do you spend on a pet that fits in your hand???? At that point I had already spent $250+ on vet visits. To help him at that stage I'd be paying for an IV and overnight visit if not more.

Friday morning I was giving him formula and before I could even finish he started choking on it to the point it came out his nose. I didn't force him to eat any more and put him back in the cage. I sat at work debating what to do. My mom and Mark were talking me into putting him to sleep. My poor little guy!!!

After work I met Mark and other's for a happy hour which lasted until 1:oo a.m. When we got home both Mark and I were afraid to go see Reese knowing how bad he was that morning. Mark said he would go see first. He came out and told me Reese had passed.

I felt terrible, but was happy he was at least in his own cage and went on his own. The poor little guy was only 2 1/2 years old. All I kept asking was "am I that terrible of an owner?!" Mark said he had issues from they day we bought him and there was nothing more I could do. Still makes you feel bad though!!

So at this point I've deiced I am not worthy of owning any more pets. Should I marry someone some day that owns a pet and he is taking care of it...that is another story!! *Smile*

Rest in peace Reese Peanutbutter Cup!!!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/409434-Sad-Decision-Made