*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408035-Shy-GuysSleepy-Girls
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#408035 added February 20, 2006 at 10:56am
Restrictions: None
Shy Guys...Sleepy Girls
On Sunday's there is a group of us that try to play wally ball each week. The core people are me, Mark, Heather (Mark's friend from school) and Nate (her twin brother). Every other week we can usually get my brother to play. Other than that it is up in the air.

Last week we finally got enough yes' to start up again. Other than the core people, minus my brother, were Bob (my brother's friend that is also my friend) and his friend Mike. Mike was a little quiet and didn't laugh nearly as much as we did; however, he was eager to play again.

This week all the same people played in addition to my brother and my friend Sue. Sue was talking all week about how excited she was to play again. Mark and I picked her up and she was a little more quiet than normal, but figured it was because Mark was in the car, which he was practically silent. *Confused* I think he has an issue with Sue or the things I do for her, but won't say it.

We stopped at the store before heading to the courts. I noticed that Sue had lost some weight...not that she had any room to. I'm not sure if that is just alcohol weight or if she isn't eating properly. I also noticed she hadn't showered...her hair was kind of stringy/slightly oily looking...but didn't think too hard on it, after all we were about to get all sweaty anyway.

So we begin playing...4 on 4 for the first time in a very, very long time. Mike seemed a little more relaxed this time...laughed and joked, but quietly. I noticed we would be by the net at the same time quite a bit and he would try talking to me while I was there. Hmmm, being nice or possible interest?! *Smile* Can't blame a girl for silently hoping when there is finally a "single" guy close to her age and not falling down drunk slobbering on her shoulder, right?! *Bigsmile*

By time 45 minutes had gone by I noticed Sue was loosing energy. After 1 1/2 hours went by (we play 2 hours) she was barely even looking at the ball. We would catch her playing with her nails and dodging the ball instead of hitting it back. She had done this before, but that was when she was drinking and that is what I blamed it on. Not quite sure what is going on. Signs of depression???

On a brighter note though, I talked to my brother and he told me that Mike is a great guy and he is almost positive he is single. Don't hold your breath, but maybe there is potential here!!! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408035-Shy-GuysSleepy-Girls