*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407954-What-a-blast
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#407954 added February 19, 2006 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
What-a-blast.
It's been a crazy week. Insanity.

This past week was dedicated to training at my new job as a Student Loan Collector. The training was fun, if a bit repetetive. Not much we haven't already learned, mostly because we learned about the FDCPA(Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). Beyond that though we learned about the money that can be picked up doing this. It's a 12 dollar an hour job(about, I get paid a little less because I wanted to start in with my expectations being a little lower just in case I don't perform), plus a comission. Every person I've done training with has averaged at least 1.5 grand a bonus check a month. At least.

Anyways...on to what I've been dying to discuss.

Last night at about eight April and I were returning from shopping a bit earlier in the day when we were stepping out of our cars to see a whole Scottsdale Task Team(A Special Detective Squad) came running past us brandishing M-14's screaming "Get Down, Get Down! Get the Fuck Down" taking down our neighbors right in front of their car.

Two of the guys ran into the house and there was a stand-off for about thirty minutes. April and I were forced to sit outside, eating our picked up dinner and wondering when we would be able to get back in.

What bothers me is that today, some of them were allowed to return home. One of the investigators last night left a Sonic Cup on the banister in front of their house and about twenty minutes ago when I went out to my car our neighbors had chucked it and blew it up all over the front of my car. It was fucking annoying. It just bothers me now though, because I don't want to sit wondering if they think I called the cops on them and what they might do because of that.

Bothers me. Oh well, gonna watch a movie and then go to bed.

© Copyright 2006 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407954-What-a-blast