*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407659-Butterflies--Bunnies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#407659 added February 18, 2006 at 3:25pm
Restrictions: None
Butterflies & Bunnies
One of AL's recent journal entries..."Invalid Entry...(I hope that link thingy works)...got me wondering. I'll quote the passage she wrote that inspired this little entry of mine.

"Oh Shit! I was going to write a poem about my favourite toe but now I can't because I've forgotten which toe it was. Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! I don't want to go to all the effort of writing a favourite toe poem only to discover later I had written it about one of my shitty toes instead. This REALLY pisses me off!!!! I now feel like taking my rifle into work. Oh shit! I just remembered I don't own a rifle. Well this is just great. No favourite toe poem and now no rifle. What a shitty day this is turning out to be."

Oops. Wrong entry.

"On things that I can´t decribe as anything other than looking like oven sheets, were all the bunnies I had met in the morning. Piled on top of echother, slit open with their guts hanging out, and nailed in a crusifixic manner to these sheets. Dead. Obviously.

I suppose they were used by students in class, but I never asked, because I never went back."


I like reading AL's journal as I never know what I'm going to find there. *Smile* Anyways, the reason for that quote and this entry...

I wonder if some of us are born evil or if we're all a clean slate at the start? (I'm not referring to AL now. Anna-Lisa is Swedish so this really doesn't apply to her...obviously) Do people who cut open bunnies do it because they think they're making the world a better place or do they do it simply because they can? Or because they're told to do it? Or because they get paid to do it? Just how many cut open bunnies does it take to make this a better world?

Waaaay back when I was taking my art course, a luna moth got inside our classroom. This is a big, beautiful, butterfly-like creature with a seven inch, delicate, pale green wingspan. As luck would have it, the luna moth was captured by the one student in the class who wanted to kill it. It seemed he also liked pretty things, only he preferred them dead. He put the moth in a glass jar and sealed the lid on tight, intendng to watch the poor thing slowly die from lack of oxygen. I must say I was VERY proud of how the rest of the class reacted as the crys to let the moth go free became louder and louder. *Smile* His agrument that "It's only got a week or two lifespan anyways." didn't sway the rest of us. We agrued that should make it's time all the more valuable. It's place was flying free, spending what little time it had making baby luna moths and doing whatever else luna moths do for fun. In the end he bowed to the growing anger of the rest of us and released the moth unharmed outside.

I'm proud of AL for not going back after she saw what happened to the bunnies. *Heart*

I'd like any butterflies or bunnies out there to know they have nothing to fear from me.


Thumb



"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

*Right*Check This Out*Right* "The Amazing Race Club *Left*Check This Out*Left*

© Copyright 2006 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407659-Butterflies--Bunnies