*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407167-Ladder-49
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#407167 added February 16, 2006 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Ladder 49
Last night I was relaxing on the couch as Mark flipped through the channels. We saw that the movie "Ladder 49" was just starting and neither of us had seen it so we left it.

I knew the movie was based around firefighting, but wasn't sure the exact story line of the movie. Ended up being about a man who was caught in a fire and while waiting for help reflected back on his life.

The movie was really good!!! Although, at the end of the movie...stop reading if you haven't seen the movie and want to...the main character dies. Between the wife being told and the funeral...I had to walk out of the room. I could not stop crying. I think part of it was how sad the movie ended; however, I also visited my grandma yesterday who was talking about my grandpa so I already had him on my mind as well.

On another note, in the movie during part of his reflection it showed when he first met his wife and how in love with her he was. They had a dream relationship and even better marriage. I realized, that is what I want. I long to meet that guy that will be so crazy in love with me...for me. Okay, not that crazy that he is obsessed or anything, but you know the healthy crazy!! *Smile* It isn't just in movies, right?!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407167-Ladder-49