*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405562-Death-before-Dying
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#405562 added February 9, 2006 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
Death before Dying
Yesterday I stopped over my parents to change clothes for my second job like normal. After changing I typically chat with my dad for 5 or so minutes before running off to work.

Our conversation was about his trip to the cemetary. Years ago, he and my mother purchased their grave sites and have paid for everything involved except for the viewing at the funeral home. He went to the cemetary yesterday to make sure what documents he needed to keep so he could have them all together and let Matt and I know where to keep them and to verify if they were restricted on which funeral home to use.

Then he was telling me that the guy told him if my brother or I were interested, there were still spots near them that we could purchase. They way my parents did it was pay the very minimum payment over years...cost $15/month...this I could handle. During this time if they passed the whole thing would be covered even though it wasn't paid off AND up until my brother and I were 21 we were fully covered and now my nephews are covered until they are 21 and when/if great grandchildren arrive, they are covered until 21.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal does it?! *Smile* This got me to thinking. I have never really considered where I wanted to be laid to rest, nor had I thought about being burried or cremated. The thing that gave me a slight bit of panic and sadness was I had always thought I would be eternally next to my husband. I am as single as single gets. If I purchase a plot now, what if my future husband (assuming he exists) already has a plot for himself. Our potential children would have to visit us at different locations?? Do I wait to meet a man before making the purchase? What if I am alone for the rest of my life...how is one to know about these things????

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405562-Death-before-Dying