*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404331-Subdued
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#404331 added February 3, 2006 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
Subdued
Yesterday I read this in the WDC Spiritual Newsletter:

It’s in Jesus, CEO by Laurie Beth Jones. It’s a book about business and leadership skills that Jesus displayed during His time on Earth – and they get really interesting. It’s not just stuff like “he loved everyone he came into contact with.” We all think of that first off – but this chapter got me. It’s called “He Guarded His Energy.”

Here is a short quote:

Jesus had tremendous energy, and he knew how to direct it. He was so clear about his mission that he avoided many real and potential energy leaks. For example, even though he was a teacher, he refused to engage in meaningless debates with people who wanted not to learn but to argue. Even at his trial, he did not waste time or energy in what he knew would be a meaningless defense.

Although he was a recruiter of sorts, he never wasted energy begging or manipulating others to follow him. In fact, he trained his staff to “wipe the dust from their feet” and to keep moving if people were resistant to his ideas. He also said not to “cast your pearls before swine,” a very graphic image about the importance of knowing where and with whom to share the treasure of your energy.


It goes on to talk about how when your energy is depleted, you need to take time to refresh it. Spend some time alone, relaxing, talking with the Divine and refreshing yourself. It’s very important to your overall goals.


I'm taking those words to heart today, because I'm tired. I went to bed last night with a headache, and I know it was more due to stress than anything. The headache is gone, but I know it will return if I don't spend this time resting.

Plenty of time to be stressed later.

Hope you all have a great and relaxing day yourselves. It is Friday, after all!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404331-Subdued