*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404216-Chapter-Two
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1066192
A girl finds a secret doorway to her own Serenity and looks for someone to share it with!
#404216 added February 2, 2006 at 5:21pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two
          A sigh escaped her naturally rose colored lips. She thought of him as she sat down on a patch of deep green clovers. A squirrel scampered past in a hurry, a nut clutched in its mouth.
          The night sky had appeared. It seemed to shine with the light of millions of fireflies that just couldn’t get down.. The night air had begun to grow chilly. Goosebumps covered the girl’s arms and legs like sand covers the shores to the oceans. She shivered. Dark was here.
“I must go,” she told the fish. She told the fireflies that played over the fish in delight. “I must go,” she said to the squirrel as it hurried to find one last nut.
          She walked to the giant oak tree that she had seen the squirrel hiding its nuts in and moved open a giant piece of bark. A staircase swirled down inside the giant oak.
          Bits of the hollow tree trunk’s walls had niches in them. They glowed. No, beamed from the lights of glow worms shedding light on the passage.
          The girl sighed one last time. She looked at the vibrant yellow-golden crescent that looked about to be smothered by stars. Soon it would be full.
Blink! A star nearby flashed it’s goodbye.
          She stepped down the stairs into the tunnel below. The roots of the trees stained the walls in pictures of the earth’s natural beauty. A masterpiece in its true form. The roots too shy to show their beauty and knowledge above the soil to stay hidden in a passage.
          A short walk to a new set of stairs ahead where there will be a different place with different rules; different than the one before. She climbed them and opened the door.

© Copyright 2006 Ardilla Samsonite (UN: grnalien8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ardilla Samsonite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404216-Chapter-Two