*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404077-Secret-Admirer
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#404077 added February 2, 2006 at 8:05am
Restrictions: None
Secret Admirer
Last night I was sitting on the couch when Mark got home from work. He walked in and through a small cardboard box at me. Apparently UPS stopped by while I was working out in the back room.

My first thought was, "what did I order now." I looked at the sender...Red Envelope. Hmmm, not familiar with the company, but when you order things they don't always come from that specific company...at least that is my experience. *Smile*

I open the box and inside is a small red box, a small red envelope and a paper pouch with writing on it and paper inside of it.

I first open the envelope, which had a small red card inside. The outside said "A Gift For You" and the inside said "Happy Valentines Day." No signature, no typed name...nothing. I sat puzzled for a minute wondering who would be sending me a Valentines Day gift...is it possible, do I have a secret admirer???

I picked the red box up and red the words on the outside of it..."How Many Frogs Do You Have to Kiss Before You Find Your Prince." I open the box and inside are dark chocolate shaped frogs sitting in different positions with a prince in the center. Very cute packaging!!

Still puzzled, I looked inside the pouch to see who the sender was. To my happy surprise it was my cousin! She has had to hear about my failure in the male department enough times, maybe this was a gift of hope! *Bigsmile*

So cousin dear...THANK YOU very much...I really appreciate it...the laugh, the thought AND the chocolate! *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404077-Secret-Admirer