*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403212-Mixed-Feelings
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#403212 added January 30, 2006 at 8:42am
Restrictions: None
Mixed Feelings
On Saturday I had agreed to take Sue to drop her license off at the Secretary of State and then go to lunch. We got there by 10:30 a.m. (YES, I had to wake up early...UGH). We walked up to the information desk and found out that because she only had a temporary license she was all set...it was a form letter she had received.

We left within 5 minutes and found a place for a very early lunch. During lunch she asked if I could take her for her pbt (alcohol test) that evening, which I agreed to. So at 7pm I picked her up, took her to her test, went to my house to pick up Mark, when to parking lot she left her car (she's trying to sell it), had Mark drive it home for her, and left her and her car at her house. As we said good bye she asked me to drive her to her pbt in the morning.

Although I didn't want to, I agreed to take her. So at 8am on Sunday I picked her up in the pouring rain and drove her to the police station. I sat in my car for 30 minutes because the cops were on a call so she had to wait for them to return. I then drove her home, went back to my house and tried to go back to sleep.

Sunday night she calls and asked if this Wednesday and/or Thursday either Mark or I could pick her up at 8:30 p.m. from her drug test to take her to her pbt.

Thursday I am working so that isn't even a factor, but Wednesday is my first night this week I will have off. I truly don't feel like doing it,but I feel bad telling her no. I realize she is going through a tough time and told her when she needed anything to let me know.

Am I being selfish or is she asking a little too much????

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403212-Mixed-Feelings