*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403122-Changing-My-E-mail-Signature
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#403122 added January 29, 2006 at 8:20pm
Restrictions: None
Changing My E-mail Signature
Changing My E-mail Signature


I’ve decided to change the quotes I use in my e-mail signatures. The quote used for my yahoo signature is “Let your vision be world-embracing rather than confined to your own selves.” (Baha'u'llah: Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p.94). The quote for my intermind signature is "The central purpose of the divine religions is the establishment of peace and unity among mankind. Their reality is one;..." (Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 98) I’ve used these quotes for several years now and I think I need to pick new quotes or maybe switch them around.

Today I went to Sunday Services at the Baha’i center. The theme for today’s service was virtues. One of the reading struck a chord with me and I think I’ll use it for one of the e-mail signatures. This is the entire quote that caught my attention: “God sent His Prophets into the world to teach and enlighten man, to explain to him the mystery of the Power of the Holy Spirit, to enable him to reflect the light, and so in his turn, to be the source of guidance to others. The Heavenly Books, the Bible, the Qur'án, and the other Holy Writings have been given by God as guides into the paths of Divine virtue, love, justice and peace.” (Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 61-62). The part of the quote I am considering using is “The Heavenly Books, the Bible, the Qur'án, and the other Holy Writings have been given by God as guides into the paths of Divine virtue, love, justice and peace.” However, I don’t know which e-mail to put it in.

Perhaps the yahoo e-mail address, although I am considering using that address a little bit less. I’ve been having trouble with it and there are a couple of e-mails I haven’t gotten. Didn’t realize I wasn’t getting it until I checked it for information about some online courses someone was supposed to send me. Then my brother said he had sent me something and it was returned to him. I’m not going to get rid of the address though because I belong to some yahoo groups and I sometimes have trouble receiving mail from those groups at the other address.

I still have to decide what quote to use for the other signature. Another quote from ‘Abdu’l-Baha struck a chord also. That quote is “All the Manifestations of God came with the same purpose, and they have all sought to lead men into the paths of virtue. Yet we, their servants, still dispute among ourselves! Why is it thus? Why do we not love one another and live in unity?” (Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 119) The part of the quote I’m considering using is "All the Manifestations of God came with the same purpose, and they have all sought to lead men into the paths of virtue.” The last time I picked the quotes, I picked them at separate times, but I’m going to change both quotes at Naw-Ruz (March 21).

Well, I’ve got until Naw-Ruz to decide. I usually set my yearly goals to begin on Naw-Ruz. The time between January 1 and March 20 I use to evaluate and come up with new goals or change the goals I’ve been working on.
(11 Sultan 162 B.E.)


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403122-Changing-My-E-mail-Signature