*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399995-The-Truth-About-Friends
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#399995 added January 17, 2006 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
The Truth About Friends
The past couple of years have been quite the eye opener for me with my friends. As you all know, we found out that Mark, one of my very good friends, who at one point I wanted more than friendship from, is in denial and has an interest in men...not sure if I will ever know if he is actually gay or bi. That is a whole different discussion.

Then I find out about my friend Sue, who as I type this is sitting in rehab for her alcohol addiction. I am happy to report she has finally admitted she has a problem and needs help. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Last night I just found out something interesting and sad about another friend of mine. I don't know the full details and I am actually not supposed to tell anyone about this, which is why I am not saying his name. Anyway, right after New Year's we found out that he had been calling into work sick the whole week, which is very odd for him. Try calling his cell phone and it was disconnected. Try sending emails and received no response. Very out of the norm for him. Someone that knows his family very well finally stopped by. Found out he is in jail, but they didn't want to reveal the reason. It has now been nearly 2 1/2 weeks and still no word from him. They again went to the parents to check the status. That is when we found out the disturbing news. Before hearing anything, I was assuming it had something to do with drinking and driving, which would not surprise me at all with him. WRONG!!! There was some sort of sting set up that caught him and they took him computer and his vehicle. His mom was too embarrassed to give the full reason why. This leads me to believe he either was chatting online with young girls (YUK) or some sort of credit fraud. Either way, it completely shocks me. How do you react to something like this???

I used to always say I wanted to know everything about everyone; but, I am not so sure about that anymore. Maybe some secrets are a good thing!!!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399995-The-Truth-About-Friends