*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399992-The-Phone-Call
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#399992 added January 17, 2006 at 8:30am
Restrictions: None
The Phone Call
I did it...I found the courage and made the call when I left work yesterday. Granted it took a few minutes of concentrating on my breathing to get me nice and relaxed, if that is possible, before hitting SEND on my phone.

The first ring...getting nervous, the second ring...even more nervous, the third ring...is it possible I am going to luck out and get voice mail, the fourth ring...YES, oh YES, I am getting voice mail.

After the beep I left a kind, but detailed message. I simply told him I had been thinking about this situation and that I realized I am not at all comfortable with it. I enforced that it had nothing to do with what he said or did, just something I am not comfortable with...that he is a very nice guy and I would see/talk to him when we ran into each other in a group again. I apologized and hung up.

WHEW! I felt such a relief. I was honest, upfront, and didn't chicken out...I am finally growing up! *Smile*

Floating on cloud 9 I went to work and had a good time chatting with others and doing in-between conversations...priorities! *Smile*

When I left work I checked my phone for missed calles & voice mail...HE ACTUALLY CALLED ME. Why would he call...I explained everything in my voicemail...there was nothing more to say?? He didn't leave a message, so I am hoping he tried calling before actually listening to the message. HOPEFULLY!!!!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399992-The-Phone-Call