*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398348-Emotionally-Drained
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#398348 added January 10, 2006 at 3:21pm
Restrictions: None
Emotionally Drained
In the past I have written about my friend with the drinking problem. I am nearing the end of my rope with her and feel terrible about it.

Last Friday Mark and I had a few people over to hang out at the house...we are both trying to save money. In addition, last Friday was the jury selection process for Sue's (my friend I was referring to) trial date, which happens to be tomorrow.

I had to work that night at Dick's and got home by 10pm. At that point there were a total of 6 of us, with the 7th on his way. I instantly got the low down of what was going on. Sue arrived drunk...she got a ride from Tre...and was still drinking. She was all into these serious conversations, which I took upon myself to end. I just worked two stinkin' jobs and needed some fun duggonit!!

Sue ended up passing out and waking back up a few hours later to continue drinking. We all went to bed rather late. I found out the next day that Sue and her drunken friend Jason went to downtown Royal Oak by 6 pm to hang out at the bars. Before closing time Jason was cut off by the bar, which means Sue wasn't far behind him.

Sunday I talked to her around 1pm and they were back at the bar...hopefully for food this time. She mentioned he had to go for her weekly breathalizer later that day. I thought it was crazy she drank so much the day before knowing this, but assumed she was smart enough not to drink the day of. I'm thinking I was wrong. I asked her about her test on Monday and she replied that she made it in time, but she was not going to talk about it.

Then she tells me she had an appointment with a "shrink" (her words) this morning because she didn't think she could emotionally handle the trial tomorrow. She was diagnosed with being BiPolar - Manic Depressive. Then she informs me that she has been taking anti-depressants...while drinking...isn't that a very bad combo????

I instantly emailed Mark and told him if she doesn't start making positive changes in her life I am not certain how much more I can handle. I feel awful saying or even thinking that, but how much more can I do or say if it is just going to be forgotten with the next glass of wine????

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398348-Emotionally-Drained