*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396984-My-Favorite-Bird
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#396984 added January 5, 2006 at 8:17am
Restrictions: None
My Favorite Bird
NOTE: This is another prompt from the yahoo group free-writers: In honor of National Bird day, freewrite for ten minutes about your favorite bird.

My Favorite Bird


My favorite bird is the Phoenix or the Fire Bird of native American. The Phoenix has many names in different native cultures across the world The Phoenix is the bird of the spirit, the bird of the soul. She ascends out of ancestral memory, out of the myths of the past. She is the bird of resurrection. The bird of hope and inspiration, she is the poet‘s familiar. She ascends out of the mire of matter toward paradise. She is the bird of paradise and the bird of unity.

All the birds of earth in some way remind me of the Phoenix. The song of the nightingale is the song of the Phoenix. The colors of the Robin Red Breast and the Mountain Blue Jay remind me of the colors of the Phoenix. Look closely at all the birds of Earth, each bird reflects one of the attributes of the Phoenix.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396984-My-Favorite-Bird