*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396982-Emotional-Evening
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#396982 added January 5, 2006 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
Emotional Evening
I had a really, really bad day at work yesterday and went home to have a nice relaxing drink with Mark. Lucky him gets to deal with me venting. Good thing is I took part of it out on my mom before I got home...guess I like sharing my misery! *Smile*

As I am getting over my work issue and enjoying my drink I receive a call from my mom. She had just spoken to my Aunt Natalie who informed her that my Uncle Jesse was trying to reach my Uncle Clyde to say his final good bye's. Clyde was at the bar and unable to be reached so my Aunt Natalie and my Aunt Linda spoke for a bit. Natalie said she had never heard Linda so weak sounding and that she was crying as she spoke.

My mom mentioned she had left a message for my Aunt Nancy, but would try back again. I told her I would try calling my cousin Sonia to see if she knew anything. To my surprise her number was disconnected...so if you are reading this...I need your new number cuz!! *Smile* I then try calling my cousin Amanda only to find out her voice mail was full. Hmmm, so that is how the popular people live?! *Wink* I then try calling my Aunt Laura, but as usual I got her voice mail. Hey family...ANSWER YOUR PHONES!!! *Smile*

I ended up talking to my brother, then my mom, then Laura, then my mom, then Amanda, then my mom again...oh and to Mark inbetween phone calls.

With all that discussion I am left completely confused on what to do. Linda has said she doesn't want the family to come out to CO, that she would have my uncle cremated and there would be no funeral. I understand she is going through a very hard time and I want to respect her wishes, but I feel terrible not being there to support her. What is the right thing to do????

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396982-Emotional-Evening