*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394544-Christmas-Eve-this-year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#394544 added December 24, 2005 at 6:29pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas Eve this year
I guess this has been awhile. I haven't had a chance to do much of anything "fun" this season. Working in the semi-retail world of storage and truck rentals, things just seem to keep piling on. I am amazed at how many folks have to move this time of year. Today was a flurry of last minute preparations and move ins. One person mentioned that he had been meaning to do this all week... then today, right before I was to close, in he came. I guess that is a monument to deadlines. And, that is why the owners are open today.

I noticed that it has been two weeks (or so) since I last posted. One of the things I wanted to write about one day- so here are some notes- is about my friend Santa. I won't use his "real" name here. One of the side benefits of being in the storage industry is meeting some of the more colorful street people around. These are the folks that may live under bridges, in abandoned trucks, or just flat out on the street. They have precious items they want to save. So, they store them. Sometimes, they try to live in the units. No one allows that too much. Oops, time out. More later, if I think about it.

© Copyright 2005 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394544-Christmas-Eve-this-year