*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393854-Kalikimaka-Mele
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#393854 added December 20, 2005 at 5:05pm
Restrictions: None
Kalikimaka, Mele
sloth breeds sloth. over the summer, when i was working nine-hour days and tutoring some evenings, it was unbelievably easy to spend all night on the phone with marcus and then pop up at seven for the forty-minute drive. same thing with school. i never sleep at school; stuff gets done anyway. winter break, though, ahhhh winter break. nothing to do, most mornings. no reason to get up, not when i don't have an agenda or a car and when the delicious food in the refrigerator isn't going anywhere because everyone's at work or school, too far away to inhale it before i can find a fork. so then. marcus calls, we talk for a long time, i hang up and it's very very late, so late it's early, so late chad's already brushing his teeth to go to school, most of the time. and then, the next day, what with all the laying-aroundness, i feel like death. cannot get enough rest, no matter how hard i try. cannot really take a decent nap, because by the time i've fallen asleep they're spilling in the door, making noise, insisting on CONSTANT ACTIVITY!!! NOISE AND MOVEMENT!!!

so. zombie it is. in a show of semi-productivity, i started applying for a summer job today. i'll almost definitely go back to verizon, the money and the work experience are too good not to, but i wanted to do something relevant, as well. my exposition professor recommended me for a job assisting at the center for talented youth. writing program stuff, tutoring and helping with workshops. i finished the application part and then realized that somehow, inexplicably, i do not have a copy of my resume at home. nowhere. not a shred of even an older draft saved on the computer. fuck. which is okay, because i was thinking of rebuilding it from scratch anyway; knocking off some of the older, high schoolier stuff and plumping up the more recent achievements.

yawn. i'm sooo boring when i'm tired.

on the bright side, this application calls for academic and professional references/recommendations, which gives me a fantastic excuse to email strange, and be emailed back. and also, unrelatedly, yesterday when we went to the high school i saw my brother's ex-girlfriend, cute chesty girl with no personality, aggressively kissing an ugly boy in the hallway. (since chad she has only dated ugly guys, and the same thing with his other ex-girlfriend; why is that? unless he too is unattractive and i just can't tell? i don't think that's it. common sense says that's not it. i just don't understand these young ladies.) it deja vu'ed me back to senior year, when she was a freshman at my giant four thousand-person school (chad went to a private high school that year), when they were supposedly still dating; how i kept spotting her doing stuff with different upperclassmen and then getting shifty-eyed whenever i'd say hello. silly girl.

apparently i'm about to get outdone, again, so rather than finishing this entry, i'm going to take an apple juice break.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393854-Kalikimaka-Mele