*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393587-Medical-Condition
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#393587 added December 19, 2005 at 2:29pm
Restrictions: None
Medical Condition
In addition to my experience with Sue on Friday night, we had an even more interesting event happen.

A co-worker of Mark's, Yolanda, came over with her friend Chantel. We found out Chantel is 25 and had worked 10 hours that day so she was a tad tired. Between the two of them they drank 2 bottle's of wine before I even finished two glasses of my drink, which were not strong at all.

We all began playing UNO to pass some time. After the first game was over Chantel said she was done. She leaned back on the couch and watched TV as we played. Before the game went around twice she had her eyes closed and was out.

After we played one or two more games Yolana decided it was time to go. She tried waking Chantel...no response. Then she advises us that she is diabetic. WHAT?? Who allows a diabetic to drink so much so quickly then let her fall asleep??? Maybe I am more aware of it since I runs in both sides of my family, but needless to say we all got a little nervous. She kept calling her name and asking for orange juice, which we only had whole oranges. I offered them to her or cranberry juice...she refused them both.

Finally got her to stand and she fell right back down. Not a good sign. After a few minutes she was able to walk to the car.

Mark found out today that is not the first time for this. Yolanda told Mark that there are times Chantel even skips meals. HELLO...that is one of the most known things for diabetics, they need their meals on a regular basis.

I told Mark he shouldn't allow her to come back until she learns to deal with her condition...freaks me out!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393587-Medical-Condition