*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393585-Helping-an-Alcoholic
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#393585 added December 19, 2005 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Helping an Alcoholic
This weekend was an eye opener for me and I'm not quite sure how to handle/react to it. On Friday Mark decided he wanted to invite a few people over to celebrate his birthday, which was Sunday. In total there ended up being 9 people, not too big, but enough to keep us entertained until 6 a.m.

Amongst the people that attended was my friend Sue. She is the one who is currently waiting for her court date for her 2nd DUI. She had one glass of wine before she arrived around 8:30 p.m. By 10:30ish she couldn't walk straight. She said she didn't understand why, but she felt completely drunk. Found out she only had fondue for dinner, so that may be part of it. Tried getting her to eat some snacks we had sitting around, but would only eat a couple chips. We had her lay down and I checked on her every so often. I thought she was out for the night...I was WRONG!

She got back up around 12:30 - 1:00 a.m. and started to drink again. She wasn't as bad as before, but got her buzz back before we ordered food from the local coney island. The remaining survivor's crashed at 6:00 a.m. only to be woken by Sue, Tre and Jason's LOUD voices at 8:30 a.m. I laid in bed wishing I had ear plugs until 9ish. At that time I walked in the living room where they all were. To my surprise, Sue was drinking wine again!

Who does that?? Who can drink before they even open the blinds, shower, eat, motivate, something?! We had told everyone we were having our house sprayed at 11:15 a.m. (happens every quarter). By 10:30 a.m. Sue was drunk AGAIN!!!! Needless to say she entertained the bug spray guy.

They finally left around 12:30pm. I got a voice mail from her on Sunday telling me she never showered or napped that day. She went to downtown Royal Oak and continued to drink in her same clothes and was so messed up she headed home before midnight.

What the heck do you say to this? She isn't 18 and knows no better. She is 35 for goodness sake!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393585-Helping-an-Alcoholic