*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393503-Hhhhhh-General-Sigh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#393503 added March 8, 2006 at 1:01pm
Restrictions: None
Hhhhhh (General Sigh)
...one of discontent. not hormones keeping me restless and awake this time; that dam has burst, and i'm over it. just me, mean and moody and sleepless and cold, anxious for marcus to call. when he's working at outback his whole day shifts forward; he wakes up late, works from early evening till after closing time, calls around his very late bedtime. that's okay, i roll with the punches. he will make me feel better, if i can find the words to tell him what's wrong, something i've failed to do all day. wordless. completely inarticulate.

this is me, indulging in some lightweight, only mildly entertaining, just-to-say-i-wrote-something grabass. apologetically, because it will be stupid. although, in other news, i have done a lot of pretty decent writing today, and jodi and ernie are engaged, so the evening is not a total loss, not by far. this is a stupid survey, though. i promise coming entries will be far more scintillating. i haven't had a good kiss in a long time.

it will start similarly to something else i once did, with a random list of twenty people, nineteen from real life. without further stupid ado.

1. tina
2. marcus
3. meg
4. krystle
5. aaron (the real grim shady)
6. oduduwa
7. melony
8. chad
9. miya
10. marcha
11. sean
12. treesje
13. james
14. ajhan
15. elise
16. stephanie
17. andrea
18. chris
19. alan
20. other, fatter chris

how did you meet 13?
dodging his projectile puke after the first falcons game afterparty freshman year, and then, later, accepting his numerous apologies for it.

what would you do if you'd never met 5?
spend the rest of my life vaguely regretting never having actualized my writer's spirit, wondering why i'd never had a muse and whether there was any chance i might actually offer something valuable to the world.

what do you honestly think of 10?
having a younger brother prepared me for marcha, and marcha has in turn prepared me for all outlandish extremes of masculinity. i think he is, at heart, sensitive and equipped with basic emotional intelligence; both of which are clouded by his charm and his instinctive need to deceive. if anyone is one of ernie's casanovas, marcha is. i don't think i'd ever survive trying to date him, but i'm insanely glad to have him as a friend.

have you ever liked 3?
i only didn't like meg for about twenty minutes, when we first met. it's been generally smooth sailing, since then.

would 4 and 11 make a good couple?
god no, they barely tolerate each other as it is, and they only have to see each other twice a month, at most. when it comes to the opposite sex, krystle needs perfection, and sean needs stupidity. which is kind of why krystle's relationship failed, while sean's is going strong, three years in.

do you think 12 is hot?
sharing a freshman dorm room with her destroyed the mystique. i've seen her naked just a bit too often, and no.

would 1 and 17 make a lovely couple?
well. andrea is a giant homophobe, so no.

on a scale from one to ten how cute is 15?
a ten. elise is everything i've ever wanted to be, pretty much.

what language does 19 speak?
english and i think pretty fluent french. my level of consciousness is waning to the same degenerative trajectory as the quality of these questions.

who is 8 going out with?
his beautiful girlfriend nina. i hope they get married someday; my nieces and nephews would be stunning.

is 9 a boy or a girl?
a girl. this is me staying painfully on task, despite my almost overwhelming desire to tangent.

when was the last time you talked to 18?
this morning, actually, to give him my address. maybe he's going to send me a present!!

what is 1's favorite band?
she likes indie rock and some obscure soundtrack stuff, willowy instrumentals and anything that pays homage to her hometown. she likes damian rice, gavin degraw, ani difranco and who else, fuck, i should know this, we've traded a thousand mix cds...tina, is it coldplay? franz ferdinand? the killers? shit. hint?

does 2 have any siblings?
an older brother, who is FANTASTIC in the nerdiest, quirkiest way imaginable, who researches jedi fight styles and purchases green lantern rings and who bought me a cheese danish when i visited over the summer.

would you ever date 7?
we did date, kind of. at strange's coffeehouse reading, we kind of felt out of place, what with our straightened hair and our complete lack of relevant social skills, so we did the best we could, blending-in-wise, pretended to be gay and totally pulled it off. she's got nice boobs.

is 14 single?
not since sixth grade.

what is 4's middle name?
tiffany.

what is 2's fantasy?
nothing short of world domination. there are variants, but all play into the same general picture, and are accompanied by music and love and food and sleep, considerable quantities thereof. that's the public answer. the rest is private.

would 14 and 19 make a good couple?
again, both homophobes, and they wouldn't anyway; one is too controlling and the other is too perfect.

what's 16's favorite color?
probably black.

what school does 6 go to?
morehouse college.

where does 9 live?
boston during the school year, silver spring otherwise...two or three streets away from me.

would you make out with 1?
NO, and, awkward...

are 5 and 6 best friends?
they could be, i think, but it would be tremulous, a fragile cord always in danger of snapping, and then it would, and i'd have to be twice-loyal, which would be difficult but rewarding, and actually i don't know. od might irritate aaron. a bit too much melodrama.

what is your history with 20?
pretty standard, not worth getting into when i'm this sleepy.

do you have a crush on any of the numbers?
"crush" is a weak word. but one has given me several orgasms, physically and otherwise.

more tomorrow, i guess. pretty butterfly.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393503-Hhhhhh-General-Sigh