*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389473-Religion
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#389473 added November 30, 2005 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Religion
I just had an interesting conversation with my co-worker, Laura. I said things I have been thinking about for many years, but have never actually verbalised in regard to religion.

I was raised learning about and believing the Catholic religion. In Junior High I attended a Lutheran youth group, which I continued for a few years. A very good friend of mine is married to the man that was the youth leader at the time. I still followed the Catholic faith, but was open to learning about other religions.

Through the years I have considered myself as a Christian, but not fully practicing any faith as I don't regularly attend church.

We started talking about religion because of the news report that came out about a Priest who has admitted he is gay. The thing that confuses me about the Catholic beliefs is their reasoning for the Priest and Nun's to remain alone. I understand they need to stay focused and concentrate on spreading the word; however, I don't see how sharing their lives with someone they love and possibly raising a family will disturb this.

This is where I find the Lutheran faith to be a little more fitting/realistic. They are able to change with the times; however, still keep their beliefs. They also welcome and encourage their Pastor's to find a loving spouse and raise their family in the church. The thing I do have a problem understanding with the Lutheran faith is how they believe that when a child is born it is full of sin. How can an innocent baby that has just seen the world for the very first time have sinned??

I guess like everything else in this world, nothing is truly perfect, it is just what you believe and are willing to work with. For me, I do believe in God and have my beliefs about all the rest...some fit in one religion while others fit in others. At this point I stick with what I said earlier...I am a Christian. Sooner or later I will settle on which religion is really fitting for me...hopefully!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389473-Religion