*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388986-My-First-Tree
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#388986 added November 28, 2005 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
My First Tree
As I mentioned before, this weekend we started putting up our Christmas decorations. This year is different though, this year I got to set up my very own Christmas tree for the very first time. Not that I wasn't permitted to do so before, but I finally bought one last year. Couldn't pass up the deal...7 foot tree for $20 and it doesn't look like Charlie Brown's! *Smile*

I was a little nervous it may look bare, but between the ornaments I have collected through the years and the few I bought last year and this year it actually looks pretty good. I found a tree skirt two weeks ago that I was pretty happy with, just wish it was a little bigger. My dad even gave me the train that he gave my grandpa last year, which my grandma gave back to him recently. This fit perfectly around the bottom of the tree.

The only thing missing was the tree topper. I just couldn't find any that I liked...until today! I am so excited!!! I walked into Michael's to exchange a stocking and decided to look at their Christmas decorations since they were having a big sale.

I found some ornaments to add color to my tree and did see a couple tree toppers, but nothing that caught my eye. I found an area of angel toppers and liked them, but just couldn't find the right one...either the color was not right or I didn't care for the face. I decided to take another walk around. Thank goodness I did. As I walked past one of their displays there sat an angel all in white, with real feather wings and a soft, fluffy white halo around her head. This was it, just what I was looking for!

I got up to the register and it was even on sale...it was meant to be! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388986-My-First-Tree