*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388922-Interesting-Conversationfor-me-anyway
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#388922 added November 28, 2005 at 9:24am
Restrictions: None
Interesting Conversation...for me anyway
On Thanksgiving I looked at the sale ads for the next day...black Friday. I had been looking for a TV knowing I would need a larger one when Mark and I moved apart...we use his TV right now. I found one at Best Buy for a really good price; however, I had to work at Dick's on Friday morning at 6am.

I used my best begging abilities and was able to talk my uncle and dad into standing in line for me. Boy do I owe them for life!!! *Smile*

All excited about my potential new purchase I went home to tell Mark and his sister. His sister got a little irritated because she had fallen on a good deal months ago for a TV and asked if I wanted to buy it from her. At that point I didn't have the extra cash or the desire for one, so I turned it down. I explained to her that my situation has changed...I am working a second job now and with Mark moving I had a new focus.

She looked at me with a puzzled expression and said, "Mark's moving?" He was standing right there and I could see the nerves running through his face. Apparently I opened up a topic he had not shared with her. He responded saying, "yes." She asked if he just didn't like the house anymore and I said, "oh no, he is moving out of state." She was still puzzled, but didn't press for answers.

I found it very interesting that he tells me he will be moving by next July and that he would be moving by his sister, yet he doesn't even mention it to her at all. Afraid of what she'll say, afraid that she'll bug him about it or what all his spending, or just not telling her in case he decides to procrastinate once again???

I just don't understand, but at this point I don't care. I am staying focused and using July as my goal either way!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388922-Interesting-Conversationfor-me-anyway