*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387529-Gay-or-Not
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#387529 added November 21, 2005 at 12:51pm
Restrictions: None
Gay or Not
After many months of knowing, understanding and excepting that Mark is gay, although he has yet to discuss it with me, I was thrown for a loop.

On Friday Mark went to a work happy hour. He ended up coming home around 9ish and I was sitting on the couch at that point. We said "hi" and he went to the back room where he remained. I heard him on the phone at one point and then it got quiet, so I walked in the back to see how the happy hour went. He was sitting there, no tv, no radio, just him and his drink...like he was hiding or something. We started talking and he told me about all the highlights of the night.

One highlight was the "really hot waitress." At the end of the night he noticed she was smiling at him so he went to ask her out for a drink. WHAT?! The funny part of it is she is only 20...he will be 32 in less than a month. He felt like an ass, but still gave his number to her on a napkin. He said he would be able to tell by the first phone call if she is worth going out with or not. I told him if he actually went out with her I would have to laugh at him! *Smile*

At that point I had so many questions running through my head, but I let it go. I knew he had been drinking and all I would get would be lies anyway. Then the doorbell rings, it was Tre. He wanted to go out with a guy friend only it seemed. So I left them alone to chat and finish their drinks and then they left.

On Saturday I was talking to Mark and he told me about a girl he met while he was out with Tre. Tre likes to wonder off and do his own thing so Mark went to talk to a girl he noticed looking at him. They talked, danced, talked, danced, and talked some more. She was with a friend who apparently decides if a guy is worthy of her to talk to or go out with. Mark stepped away to check on Tre and they left. It was funny though because in the same conversation he would say he wasn't interested in her, just someone to pass time with, then was upset that the friend influenced her not to take his number.

So, after having late night "meetings", phone conversations, online chats, emailing pictures fit for Playgirl to and multiple men, now he is trying to date a girl? How does this make sense???

If anyone is reading this that has the slightest understanding of this, please shed some light because each time I "think" I understand, something out of the blue like this happens.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387529-Gay-or-Not