*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/385399-Dealing-with-Family
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#385399 added November 11, 2005 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
Dealing with Family
Last night Alison was our closing Manager at Dick's. Up until Tuesday, I thought her and I were very close in age...found out she is only 27. Anyway, we get along pretty good. She moved her from Kansas with her husband who is going to be a doctor and had to start doing rounds at one of our hospitals. They have been her only 2 or 3 months now.

Wednesday evening she received a call from her parents letting her know that her grandfather passed away. He lived back in Kansas, which is where the funeral will be held. Although she instantly wanted to make flight arrangements, she waited to find out the funeral details...the aunts were debating between Saturday and Monday for the funeral. It had been decided it would be on Monday, just a one day event, so she started to check flight prices. Everywhere she looked she found them to be $500.00 so she went on Priceline.com and bid for a flight. She got one for $300.00, which will have her arriving Saturday night. Last night while at work she was informed that the aunts changed their mind and will be having the funeral on Saturday, meaning she will now miss the funeral for her grandfather. Unlike other ticket purchases, when you bid on a ticket apparently you are unable to change days/times.

She was so upset, both angry at her aunts and hurt that they wouldn't take into consideration she would want to be there. I felt really bad for her. Not only is she having to deal with the loss, but also the fact she won't be there to say good bye.

I guess everyone handles loss differently, but if that were my family I would be extremely upset with my aunts/uncles or whomever, if they switched the plans and made it impossible for me to be there. By the way, if any of you are reading this...remember that!! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/385399-Dealing-with-Family