*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384744-Falling-Apart
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#384744 added November 8, 2005 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Falling Apart
I've come to realize I miss being younger. Not that I want to go through all those life lessons I've done through the years, but I miss being niave to all the seriousness in the world.

In this past year my family has gone through many changes, medically that is. My grandpa had a few medical changes and then passed away in September due to a heart attack; my Uncle Jesse is battling cancer and hanging in there like a trooper; my Uncle Clyde had a heart issue and a liver condition, but seems to be doing well with it; my mom has been diagnosed with diabetes and is doing very well at her attempt to change her eating habits; now I've found out that not only my mom, but my brother as well are being tested for the same liver condition as my Uncle Clyde. I am sure there are other things that have happened that I either didn't hear about or am forgetting at the moment.

Now do you see what I mean? When you are little all you know is when someone passes away, you don't know the medical details that lead up to it. Me being the hypocondriac (sp) that I am continue to think about the different aches, pains, and strange feelings my body gets. NO, I am not to the point I run to the doctor everytime, but I would be lying if I told you I never think about what the symptoms could mean. Funny little side story...when I was in junior high school I slept on the couch one night. I woke up with a stiff neck. I went to look in our medical book (big mistake to have one of these around me). I was convinced I had cancer since a stiff neck was one of the symptoms. That was a long couple of days! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384744-Falling-Apart