*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384415-Job-Frustration
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#384415 added November 7, 2005 at 8:56am
Restrictions: None
Job Frustration
I was scheduled to work at Dick's on Saturday from 9am to 4pm. Not thrilled with the extra hours, but it is extra money so I didn't let it bother me.

When I got there I found out I would be changing all the signs and coat hang tags for the sale that would be starting on Sunday. Not hard, but very time consuming. Throughout the day I received numerous phone calls, questions and made many trips to the fitting rooms (they are locked and I carry the key). During this I continued making the changes on the signs.

I received a call at 3 pm from Brenda, my manager. Mind you at this time I still had not had a break and was still not done changing signs. We chatted for a few minutes about what was going on and she was telling me about the wedding she was at. Then she made a comment about me coming in tomorrow, meaning Sunday. When I applied for a job there I said I could not work Sunday's and up until this phone conversation I had never been scheduled or even asked to work a Sunday. I told her I knew nothing of it and had plans to be at church for my grandpa. She informed me there would be one Sunday in November and one in December I would need to work. Hmm, guess it would have been nice to have a little notice, eh?! Needless to say I ended the conversation letting her know I wouldn't be there.

I told the manager on duty and she asked that I call the others in my department to see if they could come in. Of course not...who wants to work on their day off?? Not sure how it went yesterday, but honestly, I don't care.

Tracy came in to relieve me on Saturday at 4pm. We chatted for a bit before I left. We both have the same mindset about our jobs there. It is not something either of us have to be doing, but want to do. We are not going to allow ourselves to get overly stressed about all the crap that goes on there.

I hate when people take advantage of the nice people!!!!


© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384415-Job-Frustration