*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383657-Spiritsto-believe-or-not-to-believe
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#383657 added November 3, 2005 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Spirits...to believe or not to believe
Brenda, my boss at my 2nd job, and I were talking the other day about how she doesn't like to come into work early because no one is there and she always sees the same spirit sitting at the desk. She asked me if I believed that they exist. I thought for a moment and said that I do.

She then proceeded to tell me a group of stories about different times she has seen the spirits as she's grown up. Gave me chill bumps listening to her.

A day or two later I got an email from a friend who asked me if I believe in ghosts. Apparently he is being woken up each night for the past few weeks by something poking his back or pulling on his foot. He wakes up each time, takes a walk around the house and finds nothing out of the norm.

With all this talk about spirits I got to thinking about them. I am not so sure I can say I have actually seen one, no compliants mind you, but I do believe I have sensed some in my presence.

Then I thought a little harder and remembered back to the time when I was little and we lived at our old house. After my dad would go to work very early in the morning, I would go to get in bed with my mom. Before I could get in bed I had to go to the bathroom, which was at the end of the hallway and next to my brother's room. As I would make the walk I always looked in his room as I passed. At the time he was still sleeping in his crib. I can remember most nights seeing an old man sitting by his crib with a piece of wood with a string attached to it trying to fish out of a metal pail. I always thought it was my overactive imagination, but now I am wondering if it was actually a spirit. *Confused*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383657-Spiritsto-believe-or-not-to-believe