*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383293-Pain-is-still-here
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#383293 added November 2, 2005 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
Pain is still here
On September 11, 2005 my grandpa passed away. The days surrounding this event were very hard. After a week or two passed I felt like I was doing very well with everything. There was one night I watched Save the Last Dance, which I have seen multiple times, but that night I cried while watching it. I conculded this was a night I was thinking about my grandpa.

Then on Monday I was working on my list for Christmas cards and Christmas gifts to buy and had to remove his name from my lists. That was hard, but I was still doing well, until yesterday. The family has decided that on Sunday we are meeting for breakfast, then going to a special mass at my grandparents deaf church, and then to the cemetary.

Just replying to the email about the details made the tears start flowing. Breakfast I can surely handle and even the mass; however, I do not feel ready to make my first visit to the cemetary. I want to be there to support my family, but I think it would end up them taking care of me.

I sent my dad an email this morning to see if he'll be upset if I don't go. With all he is going through the last thing I want to do right now is dissapoint him.

I just want to know...when does it get easier???

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383293-Pain-is-still-here