*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383279-Eye-Opener
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#383279 added November 2, 2005 at 8:03am
Restrictions: None
Eye Opener
While growing up, each summer I spent time with my aunt who is a year older than me and my cousin that is a year younger than me. Each summer we took turns who's house we'd stay at since we all lived in different states. If I remember correctly, most summers were spent at my cousin's house in Ohio.

I looked forward to these trips each year. As different as each of us were from one another we got along great and had a great time together. During the year we made attempts to stay in touch, but it didn't always work; however, come summer we picked up right where we left off.

As we got older our trips stopped since we started working or had other things going on that prevented us from having a summer full of free time. Oh how I miss those days!! Still, we made the attempts to stay in touch and with every family gathering we once again picked up where we left off.

That last family gathering was at my aunt's daughter's Baptismal. During this gathering my cousin introduced me to Writing.com, which I have been a member ever since. It has helped to keep us in touch and up to date on the daily events of each others lives. Lately I have been a little slow at work so I have taken some time to start reading some of her other work...yes, I actually read on occassion!!

In addition to finding out what a good writer she is I am learning how much about her I didn't know and how many things she has gone through that I wasn't there to support her through. At first I was feeling very bad about this, but then I remembered...everything happens for a reason. So what I'm taking from that is last year when she introduced me to Writing.com it was our way to reconnect and become closer.

What I say to her now as she reads this is, I am very sorry for not taking more time to get to know you as we were growing up and for not being there for you during the hard times you have faced, but I am here for you now and sorry to say...you are stuck with me now!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383279-Eye-Opener