*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383045-Biting-my-tongue
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#383045 added November 1, 2005 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
Biting my tongue
On my way home from work yesterday I called to talk to my sister-in-law after noticing she tried calling me earlier in the day.

During the conversation I listened to her complain about my nephews, which for the most part I just listened because anything I say would not be valid for her since I am not a mother. *Rolleyes* Then it came to the part of the conversation I literally had to bite my tongue.

She was telling me what a rough time she is having with Justin. She said since he's been back in school he has turned into a bratt...he never listens to her, likes to smack her when she's on the phone, and talks back to her. She said that he never does that with Matt. When Matt tells them (Justin or Jacob) to do something they do it. When she tells them to do something they ignore her...mind you she doesn't follow through with her threats. She gave a few examples. After playing a game with Justin he threw pieces around the room, she told him to pick it up. His reply was, "No, cleaning up is your job." When she yells at him he responds by saying, "There is no need to yell at me, you are my friend." Here is the best part. Her reasoning for him acting this way to her and not to Matt is because she thinks the boys look at her as a friend and not a mom because she is so little she is close to their size and because she looks so young they don't see her as a mother. WHAT?! How can someone be so far from reality in their thoughts?!!!

Seriously, I am not a mother so maybe I am way off here, but do you think a child honestly judges who their mother figure truly is by their size or age of their face???????? *Confused*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383045-Biting-my-tongue