*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381845-Reality
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#381845 added October 26, 2005 at 8:48am
Restrictions: None
Reality
Last night at work everything was going fine...people coming in, shopping around, making purchases, leaving, etc. As I was wondering through my department all of a sudden I see our front end person make a paniced page and go running out the door. I wasn't sure what was going on so I watched the front door for her return. She came running back in, ran to the register grabbed paper & a pen and ran back outside. Then the manager went up front to meet her.

I didn't want to get in their way, so I minded my own business for a few minutes and waited for them to break apart. Then I got the scoop. Someone grabbed a bunch of stuff and went out the exit door! That completely shocked me! I mean I know there are people who steal stuff, but it has never happened right by me. Not to mention I had seen most the people in the store and talked to a group of them. I look at the customers as nice, friendly strangers who may need assistance and now I have to look at them as potential theifs!!

As my manager was telling me about it she also mentioned other things that happen in our store. There are people who put on a pair of boots, put their old shoes in the boot box, put the box back and walk out with new boots. Or there are those that go to a secluded corner and cut/rip the sensor tags of items and put them in their pocket. What is this world coming to? Are people that lazy that they can't work for the things they want??? Or am I just that naive to believe there are more good than bad people out there?? *Confused*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381845-Reality