*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381640-Feelin-Like-a-Loser
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#381640 added October 25, 2005 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
Feelin' Like a Loser
Last night I had to work at Dick's. As I was making my way to the register area to recover any returns that were made in the past couple of hours I hear a voice say, "Excuse me." I look over and start to say, "Yes, may I help you." There he was, one of the hottest guys I went to high school with. He graduated a year ahead of me, but I would never forget his face. We only spoke a few times while he was dating one of my friends, so I doubted he would remember who I was.

Just like in high school, I got that whole nervous/anxious feeling that a hot guy was actually talking to me. He needed assistance finding a fleece to wear after he leaves the gym. Yep, still had the hot body to go with the hot face. I instantly looked down at his hands and to my surprise he was not wearing a wedding ring. If only I was having one of my confident days...I really wanted to say something to him, but wasn't ready to deal with the blank stare leading me to realize he had no interest in me back then and had none in me at that moment other than to assist him in finding a jacket.

Of course after he left I replayed it in my head and thought of the right things I could have said or could have done; however, I had that overwhelming feeling he would see me as less of a person than I am because I was in uniform at a retail store at my age. This of course led to me thinking about my life, the things I've done the things, I haven't done, the things I should have or could have done...you get the picture. I had tiny pity party in my head for the next hour. Then I got over and realized anyone that is going to look down on me for working at Dick's is no one I need to associate myself with anyway!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381640-Feelin-Like-a-Loser