*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381429-To-all-their-own-opinion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#381429 added October 23, 2005 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
To all their own opinion.
Anyone read that "Sponsered Item: WHY DIDN'T JESUS GUIDE JUDAS MORE?" It's by Maurice A. Williams.

This man is the type of man that scares me.

What scares me is something like saying, "Homosexuality is a great offense to God." My godfather is gay, along with one of my good friends. They have been nicer than half the god fearing Christians I've met. Am I to believe that it is simply Lucifer in disguise guiding their actions? That because they are like they are they are innately evil?

Does no one realize the possible errors of the Bible? It's believed that a Roman Emperor, not Christ or his disciples, that placed the stories of the Bible into their current configuration? How are we so sure that anything written in that book was truly from Jesus himself?

Or let's consider the fact that there are sections of The Dead Sea Scrolls that have yet to be released for public viewings, and guarded so heavily that it is believed that they discuss Jesus in the twelve years the Bible doesn't discuss him.

Ugh. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't believe in Jesus Christ as a God. I think he was an amazing man though. If he truly passed through the trials described within those ancient texts I have nothing but the deepest respect.

Should we remove women's rights? Gay rights? Abolish our government and force every child to join a Christian-based curriculum? Is that What Jesus Would Do?

Or would he have you choose to live your life with good intentions or what another group hopefully wishes you to believe?

I have no idea if any of this makes sense. Anger welled inside me as I read that piece. If I spend the rest of my existence in Hell because I didn't call God, if there is a God, Jesus, then you want to know what? Throw me to the fire. I'll rebel with Lucifer.


© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381429-To-all-their-own-opinion