*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380005-Got-a-Better-Feeling
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#380005 added October 18, 2005 at 9:22am
Restrictions: None
Got a Better Feeling
When my mom's doctor talked to her about her diabetes he suggested a Registered Dietitian (RD) to meet with. She had her first meeting this past Saturday, which went very well. I have a better feeling about all of these changes.

The RD has agreed to be in contact with me and answer any questions I have so we can double team my mom and get her on track. Also, the RD's father became diabetic just over 10 years ago and she was able to get his diet under control and he has remained stable for the last 10 years. This made me feel better knowing she understands what my mom is going through instead of just giving a text book solution.

So at this point she has started a food diary, which she is emailing to the RD and myself daily, she has gone through the kitchen to start removing foods she knows she cannot have and went shopping to buy a fridge full of fresh fruit and veggies. It is a start and I am proud she is making such an effort. Now just to keep her motivated enough to keep the effort up...we all know how boring being good can get! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380005-Got-a-Better-Feeling