*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379841-Rain-and-The-Sound-of-Firecrackers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#379841 added October 17, 2005 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
Rain and The Sound of Firecrackers
It rained last night. I was setting at my computer working on a story and I heard the rain. The rain falling on the roof of the patio sounded like firecrackers going off. At first I didn't know what the sound was. I thought someone was setting off firecrackers in the distance.

I went to the patio doors and looked out, that is when I realized that it was raining. The patio roof is aluminum and the rain falling on the patio roof sounded just like firecrackers. This is the first time I've noticed what the sound of a gentlel rain sounds like on my patio roof. I don't know why I didn't notice it before.

Of course rain this year has been rare in Las Vegas, while it did rain during the "monsoon" season here. It wasn't a gentle rain and it was not as much as normal. During the "monsoon" season it didn't flood as it usually does when it did rain.

However last night's rain was a gentle rain and it hit the patio roof at a different angle then it normally does. The sound of the rain was soothing (once I discovered it was rain).

© Copyright 2005 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379841-Rain-and-The-Sound-of-Firecrackers