*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379836-A-New-View
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#379836 added October 17, 2005 at 11:17am
Restrictions: None
A New View
Friday night Mark and I ended up hanging out at the house and decided to have a few drinks. We had some really good conversations, which led to a new insight on each other's thoughts on certain topics.

The two that were most important and emotional for both of us were about his alone time in the back room and each of our families. The alone time started in a slight voice elevated discussion. It annoyed him that it bothered me he wanted to spend time in the back room alone (ie me coming home from work and not saying hello, going to bed without saying good night, having an attitude the next morning). I explained to him that until a month ago I was taking it personally and felt like I didn't belong in my own house and that when I didn't come back there to say hello or good night I was trying to give him his space. He asked why a month ago and I told him after my grandfather passed I started focusing on people that actually care about me and I knew he didn't...alcohol talk, I know he actually does.

Needless to say, this led us to talk about family as tears flowed from both our eyes...that is a first! I told him I would take it personal when he chose to stay home watching TV instead of coming to my family functions, which he has gone to many times before. He explained there are times it is hard for him to be part of my big family when there are only 3 left in his family. This caused the big tears. I told him I had never thought of it from that point of view. I was just trying to make him part of a bigger family and thought he would like that, not thinking it would hurt him.

The night ended with happy talk and the next day we both felt much better having expressed those thoughts. I think they were building up within us and neither of us are very good with confrontation. So for once, alcohol played to our advantage!! Kids, don't try this at home! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379836-A-New-View