*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378853-Nutrition
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#378853 added October 12, 2005 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
Nutrition
My mom received results from the doctor the other day confirming she is a diabetic. They wanted her to start taking medication, but my mom talked the doctor into giving her a month to see if she can control it by diet for now. He agreed to give her a month to get her diet in control, start exercising each day and loose 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week.

The good and bad news is that she told me about it. I prewarned her that I was going to be on her butt from this point on. I am now in the process of trying to help her come up with daily/weekly menus that she will actually eat. She is not a huge fan of veggies so I will have to be creative, but at this point she seems game for trying anything. So any advice, tips, or recipes you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

I foresee this as a complete win win situation. It will help her become healthier, which will force my dad to, which will also make me want to become healthier too. It is also educating me in all the different nutrition habits, secrets, etc.

NO, I will never be an expert or the world's best eater and NO I will not start preaching to people about their eating habits...I swear! *Smile* It will just make me think twice before putting anything in my mouth; however, there will be days my stomach will overpower my brain!! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378853-Nutrition